teacher training for certified yoga teachers
- Interested in becoming a Certified Warm Water Yoga Instructor?
- This 40-hour training program led by IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist Terry Roth Schaff will teach how to make yoga accessible to people with physical and neurological conditions. It is designed to help improve balance, range of motion, coordination and mobility while cultivating a peaceful state of mind. You will learn yoga poses and sequences in the water that increase cardio-vascular circulation, open up restricted joints, stretch tight muscles and strengthen weak ones, and breath work and relaxation exercises to soothe the nervous system, while helping the participants to feel grounded, rejuvenated, and refreshed.
Terry will show you how to set up a Warm Water Yoga program in your community. Becoming a certified Warm Water Yoga instructor will give you the opportunity to teach yoga to people who may no longer be able to have an active yoga practice on land, and to people with special needs in a safe and supportive environment.
Schaff Yoga Therapy's next Warm Water Yoga Teacher Training is scheduled for November 2-9th, 2018 in Rhinebeck, New York. Contact Terry Roth Schaff for more information about how to enroll in this program. Registration is limited to twelve participants.
- Certified, Registered Yoga Teacher (minimum 200 hours)
- Minimum of Three Years Teaching Yoga
- Minimum 450 Yoga Teaching Hours
- Experienced, confident swimmer
- Interested in becoming a Certified Adaptive Yoga Teacher?
- Schaff Yoga Therapy’s 40-hour Adaptive Yoga Teacher Training provides yoga instructors with a solid foundation to adapt classic yoga postures for students who are limited in movement because of age, illness, disability, or injury. We use chairs, the wall, straps, blankets, blocks, and gentle assists. This program is recognized by the national Arthritis Foundation.
- This Training Program prepares you to:
- Understand Basic Anatomy & Physiology as they relate to Specific Medical Conditions.
- Modify Classic Yoga Postures for people with Physical Impairments, ranging from neurological conditions (such as Parkinson’s and Strokes) to musculoskeletal issues such as, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, and Spinal Stenosis.
- Use breathing exercises and meditations to deepen your students’ experience.
- Structure classes so that students of any age, shape, size, ability, or disability may be able to participate and enjoy the yoga experience safely and comfortably.
- Goals: At the end of this Training Program you will be able to:
- Guide people living with physical limitations confidently and compassionately through a yoga experience that is both safe and satisfying.
- • Be prepared to teach yoga in a variety of settings including independent and assisted-living facilities, nursing homes and hospitals.
- This Training Program is appropriate for yoga teachers, physical and occupational therapists, nurses, and physicians, and for those interested in deepening their own personal practice. CEUs are available for nurses. Upon completion certification is available for experienced 200+ certified yoga teachers.
- The next Schaff Yoga Therapy Adaptive Yoga Teacher Training Program is scheduled for August 5-10th, 2018 at the Kripalu Center For Yoga & Meditation. Enrollment in this Program is limited. For more information please contact Terry Roth Schaff.