teacher training for certified yoga teachers
- Interested in becoming a Certified Warm Water Yoga Instructor?
- This 40-hour training program led by IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist Terry Roth Schaff will teach how to make yoga accessible to people with physical and neurological conditions. It is designed to help improve balance, range of motion, coordination and mobility while cultivating a peaceful state of mind. You will learn yoga poses and sequences in the water that increase cardio-vascular circulation, open up restricted joints, stretch tight muscles and strengthen weak ones, and breath work and relaxation exercises to soothe the nervous system, while helping the participants to feel grounded, rejuvenated, and refreshed.
Terry will show you how to set up a Warm Water Yoga program in your community. Becoming a certified Warm Water Yoga instructor will give you the opportunity to teach yoga to people who may no longer be able to have an active yoga practice on land, and to people with special needs in a safe and supportive environment.
- Certified, Registered Yoga Teacher (minimum 200 hours)
- Minimum of Three Years Teaching Yoga
- Minimum 450 Yoga Teaching Hours
- Experienced, confident swimmer
- Lifeguard Certification recommended, but not required