warm water yoga workshop
- Warm Water Yoga Workshop I September 16–18, 2016
- Omega Institute for Holistic Studies, Rhinebeck, NY
Free yourself from pain and stiffness in the warm and supporting environment of water. When you practice yoga in warm water, you can reduce swelling in injured or swollen joints and avoid soreness.
- Use the water to train our respiratory muscles
- Explore yogic breathing techniques to center our minds and bodies in the water
- Learn yoga postures and sequences of poses
- Enjoy group discussions about the benefits of water yoga
- Develop the tools to set up a water yoga program
In fun and playful classes, Terry Schaff leads us through standing, suspended, and floating yoga poses in a pool using props. Supported by the water, we flow from pose to pose without the fear of falling. We also:
No previous yoga or swimming experience is necessary. This workshop is appropriate for those with mobility and joint issues. Helping medical and yoga professionals find techniques they can use with their clients.