programs water yoga
- A safe & effective way to increase range of motion, mobility & balance, & to reduce pain.
- Warm Water Yoga is a great introduction to yoga for older people who have never had a yoga practice, a re-introduction for people who were practicing before an injury and are looking for a way to get back into yoga, and a way to launch a post injury rehab with a high emphasis on safety.
Warm water is an ideal environment for relieving pain and stiffness. For people with limited mobility it can be a place to learn how to move again with freedom and joy without the fear of falling. The buoyancy of the water takes pressure off of the joints and allows students to move into yoga postures with an ease that may no longer be possible on land. While the resistance of the water helps them to work on improving their balance and coordination as they begin to flow from one pose.
- Water yoga can also benefit people dealing with:
- Heart and circulatory conditions
- Asthma and other pulmonary conditions
- Aids in relieving pain from arthritis
- and muscles aches
- Serves as a great pre & post surgical regimen
- Boosts immune system
- Subsides stress
- Pacifies insomnia
In this program students learn standing, seated, suspended and floating poses using props to help stabilize their bodies. They learn to move through the water with grace and ease, practicing poses that calm the mind, improve their posture and range of motion, and that enhance their self-awareness and mental well-being.
- Teacher Training
- Our next eight-day Warm Water Yoga Training Program will take place from March 20th thru March 27, 2020 in Rhinebeck, New York.
Please contact Terry for more information on our weekend workshops and about becoming a warm water yoga instructor. She is also available to work with clients individually with clients.